“Fear the Father Time.”
- Unknown
Hey man,
If there’s anything I’ve learned in my life, it’s to respect time.
Time is the measure of life and moments…
…and we only have so much.
No matter what your beliefs are, I think we can all agree that our time here on Earth is finite.
We are mortal.
I'm not trying to depress you today,
Instead, I want to motivate and encourage you to respect and fear time as if it’s your boss.
Let time be the thing that guides you through most, if not all, the decisions in your life.
We waste too many days that lead to a depressing future…a hard future.
Where you are today is the culmination of all the things you’ve before.
So if we want an enjoyable and fulfilling present, we must respect time and invest NOW.
Invest in what you ask?
In yourself.
With what exactly? Time.
What do you spend most of your days doing?
Are you working on those things that will create a better future?
Things such as working out for your health, investing in stocks for retirement, daily meditation for your sanity…
But this is a dating advice newsletter, so let’s talk about the time you should be investing in that.
To begin with, if you do nothing... you’ll get nothing.
If you sit on your ass, nothing will happen.
If you don’t put forth any energy, you won’t reap the potential rewards.
Your BIG QUESTION: what can I do today to take advantage of time and eventually have the dating life I want?
Step 1) Zero in on your problem areas.
Are you not talking to enough women?
Are your conversations ending too early due to poor conversation skills?
Are you not going through the right steps when asking girls out? (Hint: don’t give them your number so they can text you. Always be the one leading.)
Are you too passive and always in the friend zone?
Step 2) Once you recognize your issue, we drill it.
Are you not talking to enough women?
Swipe and message online for 60 minutes a day on 5 apps and sites.
Are you ending conversation too early on a day time approach due to poor conversation skills?
Time yourself in your interactions to push it a little bit further each time.
Are you not going through the right steps when asking girls out?
Stay focused on always being the one to lead the interaction from approach, to text, to the date, to sex, to a relationship.
Are you being too passive and ending up in the friend zone?
Make sure you’re flirting with the girls you like.
Step 3) Rinse and repeat until you have it drilled down.
This whole process may take weeks or months, but you’re investing time now to reap rewards later.
This is how you respect time in the area of dating.
Every day that goes by where you’re not recognizing and fixing your weak areas is another day wasted.
Another day that you feel depressed or lonely because you don't respect time.
Take that with you this week and see what you can do.
——————————————————————————————
WHAT’S WORKING NOW
I’ve been in many long term relationships over the years.
And one thing I’ve noticed is how fast things can go stale.
After about 18 months you know a lot about each other and start to get into a routine: same dates, same positions, same meals, same conversations, etc.
And nothing kills attraction faster than PREDICTABILITY.
The second you become predictable, you become boring.
It’s inevitable that this happens and it’s up to you to make changes to it.
One thing I’ve been doing in my relationship to keep it interesting (especially during lockdown) is having unique date nights at home.
I tell my girlfriend Megan, to get dressed up and get ready to go on a date.
Then we either order in or cook dinner and eat it somewhere other than the kitchen. We grab a bottle of wine and enjoy our date in a different room.
It’s not much, but that’s the point!
Even something as simple as eating in a different room keeps things interesting and exciting because it’s unpredictable.
And this unpredictability keeps her attracted and the relationship strong.
When you're first dating a girl, it's easy to be unpredictable because everything is new.
All your dates and conversations are interesting because you don't know each other yet.
But as time goes on, the relationship becomes more routine and predictable, which is why you have to work on keeping it fun.
——————————————————————————————
Let me leave you with this for the week:
Your time is precious.
Don't waste it.
Make every day productive by learning and implementing.
Not only does this build your self-esteem but it makes life worth living.
Everything I got in life, I worked hard for.
I enjoyed the journey and I'm still on it.
You gonna join me?
Talk soon,

0 Comments